Title of Job:- Designer - 90106718
Eligibility:- Freshers/Experience Graduate
Location:- Pune, IN
About Us:- Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
verall job purpose of this - The role is to perform activities related to the development, code review, deployment and support and maintenance of new, or existing, Barclays software applications and information systems
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake impact assessment of change requests/incidents against applications / products within domain
• Responsible for high quality code with no technical debt within SonarQube
• Coding, scripting for application development
• Document all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind
• Report progress against assigned activities in a timely manner.
• Understand of agile development methodology and practice it in day to day work
• Ensure DevOps principles are adopted in applications
• Co-ordinate and communicate with colleagues to encourage ideas and build on the suggestions of others.
• Be supportive within the team, both technically and culturally, to help achieve all targets set within sprint plans.
• Identify own development needs and seek opportunities to address these needs through guidance, coaching and formal training.
• Collaborate with other component teams, ensuring that end-to-end application architecture, design and standards are followed.
• Enlist others in working towards the organisation goals and takes prompt and effective action to rectify problems within the team.
• Raise risks and issues in a timely manner, and complete associate actions in required timeframe.
• Analyse and document specific projects' business requirements and design documents; describe alternative problem-solving approaches and their optimal uses
• Create component designs & builds to ensure compatibility with the end-to-end system design
• Risk and Control Objective - Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards
1. Minimum qualification –Engineering Graduate or MCA (or equivalent degree)
2. Must have experience of working in an IT project environment preferably in banking and financial sector.
3. Must have Strong skills in Object Oriented Analysis and Design Concepts, Core Java 8, Struts 2.0, Spring 2.0, SpringBatch 2.5, SpringSecurity, JQuery , multi-threading and unit testing(JUnit).
4. Must have Strong understanding of application server configurations
5. Hands on knowledge on any one RDBMS
6. Must have strong skill in Test Driven Development, Continuous Delivery, Pair programming and System integration.
7. Must have strong skill in build process such as ANT/Maven
8. Knowledge of Change, Incident and Problem Management process
10. Ability to draw upon professional concepts to collaborate with others to carry out assigned duties.
11. Ability to recognize problems related to team’s objectives / deliveries and to apply creativity / judgment to professional, technical or operational problems.
12. Ability to understand team’s mission and objectives and align person objectives, goals and aspirations to the team’s objectives
13. Ability to understand and influence high level technical design of design of components
14. Ability to understand, implement and influence security concepts and solutions of components
15. Analytical ability including root cause identification and pro-active design improvement
16. Communicating, both written or orally, with both business and technology stakeholders at peer and adjacent